Saturday, October 13, 2007

Objects Library is still growing

Today, I found the time, to build some additional hangars. See the picture to the right.

It's just a simple hangar with wooden sides and a metall roof.

Here's the hangar viewed from the back.





















I also created a new hut, built of stone with a thatched roof.




Finally I placed the new objects at FMXA.


All buildings share already existing texture files, so there's not much to load for X-Plane.

After placing the new objects, I started to add forests around FMXA. I won't add much yet, because there are many airfields left, without forests and I intend to add the "bush feeling" to every airfield before the first release of the scenery.



There's still a bug in X-Plane that shifts the scenery when it is loaded during flight. The only thing that I could do to work around this bug is, to place the objects further away from the runway - but I don't like this solution. I'm pretty sure that these bush airfields won't waste much space. OK, it's no problem to place the buildings a little bit further away, but on the other hand, I'm using empty oil barrels or simply small rocks as runway boundary - and these are objects that I have to place near the runway.


I hope, that X-Plane 8.62 will fix this bug. Beta-testers listen! Please report airfields where buildings are too close to the runway. I will try to find the right compromise.